Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Top 50 Sad Songs

I had a lengthy, very nice conversation tonight with an ex-girlfriend from awhile back. God, why did I ever let her go? Ugh.

Here it is...

50. All The Ways I Want You-Bruce Cockburn
49. Concrete Sky-Beth Orton
48. Our Way To Fall-Yo La Tengo
47. Seen It All Before-Amos Lee
46. Silence-The Autumn Defense
45. The Shining-Badly Drawn Boy
44. Hold You In My Arms-Ray Lamontagne
43. Skyway-The Replacements
42. Two Seconds-The Volebeats
41. At My Window Sad and Lonely-Wilco
40. Disappear-Blue Rodeo
39. Razor Love-Neil Young
38. In My Time Of Need-Ryan Adams
37. Return To Me-Matthew Ryan
36. Perfect Memory-Remy Zero
35. Back In Your Arms-Bruce Springsteen
34. I Would Never-The Blue Nile
33. Are You Alright?-Lucinda Williams
32. Moonlight Kiss-Bap Kennedy
31. Cars and History-Strays Don't Sleep
30. How To Fight Loneliness-Wilco
29. Love You Til The End-The Pogues
28. Northern Sky-Nick Drake
27. She's The One-World Party
26. Lonelier Than This-Steve Earle
25. Send In The Clowns-Frank Sinatra
24. In The Afternoon-Van Morrison
23. Don't I Hold You-Wheat
22. (Looking For) The Heart Of Saturday Night-Tom Waits
21. Drop-Red House Painters
20. You Dance-Eastmountainsouth
19. Plans-Ida
18. What Happens When The Heart Just Stops-The Frames
17. Valentine's Day-Bruce Springsteen
16. Irrelevant-Matthew Ryan
15. Sleep-Bodeans
14. Flame Turns Blue-David Gray
13. If You See Her, Say Hello-Bob Dylan
12. Smile-Josh Rouse
11. Come Pick Me Up-Ryan Adams
10. Void-Red House Painters
9. High Hopes-Neil Halstead
8. Closing In-Matthew Ryan
7. Falling Slowly-The Swell Season
6. Heartbeats-Jose Gonzalez
5. It's A Motherfucker-Eels
4. Back Into Your World-Son Volt
3. Safe With Me-Joe Henry
2. Cannonball-Damien Rice
1. Love Letter-Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds


-Bleathal






1 comment:

jessicape said...

Sad songs are so relative, but I like your list. I do think that "Oh Well" by Fiona Apple should be included, as well as a few others, but that may be the guy/girl difference. Good job!